Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity’s homeownership program.
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County opens a new application period prior to the start of construction for each project. To receive advance notification for the next application period, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-485-6065, x200, and we will add you to our “Notify List”. Please include your full name, phone number, street address and city.
Homeownership Program Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Living in substandard housing (one or more of the following living situations)
- Currently living in a structurally unsound or dilapidated housing; broken plumbing; faulty wiring, poor heating, leaking roof, etc.
- Cost-Burdened – rental payments are 33% or more of your total household income.
- Overcrowded – adult and child/children share a bedroom; more than two children share a bedroom; two children of opposite sexes share a single bedroom.
- Ability to pay
- Demonstrate stable income- Able to afford a monthly mortgage payment
- Earn between 30% and 50% of Ventura County’s median household income (refer to income chart below)
- Willingness to partner
- willing to compelete 250-500 hours of sweat equity
- Partner with Habitat and volunteers to help build your home and other Habitat homes
- Participate in and complete homeowner education classes
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Participate in a Family Selection Orientation and Workshop
- Legal U.S. Resident
- Resident of Ventura County for at least one year
- Unable to qualify for a conventional mortgage
|Minimum Income||$ 24,836||$ 28,384||$ 31,932||$ 35,480||$ 38,318||$ 41,157||$ 43,995||$ 46,834|
|Maximum Income||$ 31,050||$ 35,500||$ 39,950||$ 44,350||$ 47,900||$ 51,450||$ 55,000||$ 58,550|
|Source: HUD FY 2014 Income Limits|
Resale Restrictions. These restrictions provide rights to the city of Oxnard in regulating the sale and transfer of the subject property for a period of thirty (30) years from the date of the first sale of the affordable housing unit, including an option to purchase the property.Resale Restrictions
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of US policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there is no barrier to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.