Words cannot express my deep appreciation for all you have done for me and many others at Ranch Mobile Home Park. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! It is awesome to walk up on my porch and feel safe! May you all be blessed! - Carol Claassen
We are currently accepting pre-applications for work the next cycle that will begin in August 2016.
Note: Habitat does not provide immediate service for repairs.
What is Preserve a Home?
This program provides low-income homeowners much needed repair services at an affordable cost. Since Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County launched this program in May 2011, more than 60 home preservations have been completed in Ventura County (Fillmore, Camarillo, Oxnard, Piru, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura). Following the well-established Habitat for Humanity model, homeowners and family members contribute Sweat Equity hours and work in partnership with Habitat staff and volunteers.
How can I get involved as a volunteer?
To volunteer, please visit our volunteer page and sign up on our calendar.
1. Low- to very-low income: Applicant/homeowner income must be between 20% and 70% of Ventura County’s median income as recommended by HUD.
2. Owner-occupied: Applicant must be living in the home that requires home preservation services.
3. Need: Applicant/homeowner must demonstrate a specific need.
Depending on the level of repair, the home may fall within one of the three Preserve a Home program components listed below. Regardless of the component and potential work involved, health and safety issues are reviewed and addressed as needed.
1. A Brush with Kindness covers painting, landscaping and yard clean-up. All work is limited to the home's exterior.
2. Minor Repair includes work covered under ABWK, plus small repairs inside the home. Examples of minor repairs include: replacement of broken bulbs and/or light fixtures, installation of insulation, weather stripping around doors, swap-out for more energy efficient windows, replacement of smoke detectors, interior paint and caulking/re-sealing of sinks or tubs.
3. Major Repair covers the work listed above, as well as plumbing, electrical work, roof replacement, flooring replacement, grab-bar installation, wheelchair ramp construction, and door widening for better wheelchair access.
Funding and Payment Options
- The qualified homeowner may pay back services rendered through a zero-interest loan from Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County. Monthly payments are based on the homeowner’s income; therefore, payments will be affordable and very easy to make.
- If a homeowner cannot afford services, corporate, group or individual sponsors may provide funding with a donation to Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County.
If you are an individual, service group, or business/corporation and would like to sponsor a family's home preservation, sponsorship levels are listed below:
- A Brush with Kindness $100 - $5,000
- Minor Repair $5,000 - $15,000
- Major Repair $15,000 - $25,000
For more information, or to sponsor a project, please contact Felipe Flores at (805) 485-6065, x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.