Click the “Donate” button below to make an online donation
Making an online donation directly to Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County is easy and secure using PayPal. You can use your PayPal account OR your credit card without signing up for a Paypal account. If you prefer to make a donation over the phone, please call (805) 485-6065, ext. 200. You may also mail your donation to Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County at 121 S. Rice Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93030.
What your gift can buy:
$10 – A box of nails
$30 – One gallon of paint
$50 – Low-flow toilet
$75 – Window
$100 – Kitchen sink
$150 – Front door
$500 – Heating system
$1,500 – Appliances
$2,000 – Insulation
$5,000 – Roofing
$10,000 – Framing
Workplace Giving and Matching Gifts
Many employers will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees and employees’ spouses. Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
To find out if your company will match your gift, visit http://www1.matchinggifts.com/habitat/
Reasons to donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes:
- 100% of net proceeds of the sale will be distributed to your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate.
- The funds are used to build and repair decent, affordable homes with families in our community.
- Your donation may qualify for a tax deduction
- Junk cars will be recycled, helping save energy and natural resources.
Gifts of Land or Building Materials
If you own land you wish to sell, or know of land parcels that might be available, please call (805) 485-6065, x201.
When you partner with Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County your community involvement dollars will truly make a difference. Exciting sponsorship opportunities – large and small – exist for every donor. Some companies take a lead role in building a home; others get involved by sponsoring a home repair project or special event.
- Home Builder | $190,000 |
Various organizations sponsor Habitat homes by providing a combination of direct funding, in-kind donations of materials and services, and volunteer labor.
- Preserve a Home | $5,000 – $25,000
Preserve a Home is designed to help transform neighborhoods using a holistic approach – joining groups of caring and dedicated volunteers to assist homeowners in completing needed repairs.
- Special Events | $250 – $5,000
There are many event sponsorships that afford your organization an opportunity to have your members involved and support Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County. Fundraising events include our annual Community Breakfast, Ventura Half Marathon & 5K, and Cocktails in Havana.
- Habitat Mission |$500 – $5,000
To help keep our overhead costs low, we accept underwriting sponsorship for printing, campaign mailings, and special projects.
Donate to the Habitat ReStore – The Store That Builds Homes
Donate new or gently used furniture, home improvement items, and building materials to our ReStore. For more information, please visit the ReStore page on our website, call 805-981-2268 or send an email to email@example.com. All proceeds go directly to Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County to help build new homes for families in need.
If you would like to learn more about planned giving (bequests, stock donations, etc.), please call (805) 485-6065, x201.You can leave Habitat a gift in your will, name Habitat as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, charitable trust or annuity.
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit registered with the state and federal government. Our Tax ID is 77-0120376 and donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and does not, therefore, share, loan, trade, rent or sell our donor list to any other non-affiliated organization.
Supporting our local mission. Each Habitat affiliate is self-supporting and coordinates all aspects of home building in its local area — from fundraising, site selection and construction to family services and mortgage servicing. Habitat affiliates also tithe a percentage of their local contribution to fund house-building work around the world.
- If you are currently directing your gift to Habitat for Humanity International and your desire is to support Ventura County, you may”designate” your donations directly to our affiliate.
- If you use the donation site provided by Habitat for Humanity headquarters, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box “Click to designate your gift to a particular cause.
- Select “For a specific local habitat organization,” enter ZIP code 93030 and search for “Ventura County, HFH of“.
- Habitat for Humanity International retains a small “servicing fee” to transfer the funds our local affiliate.
- Undesignated gifts are used by Habitat International where most needed and for administrative expenses.