As we celebrate the New Year with family and friends it is a good time to reflect on the blessings of the people in our lives, and the opportunities we have been given to help those in need in our community. I am thankful for the many Habitat volunteers and donors who contribute their time, talents and funds so that we can continue the mission of providing families in Ventura County a decent place to live.
- This past year saw the expansion of our Preserve-A-Home program which provides low-income homeowners in need with repairs and renovations so they can live in safe, decent housing.
- Examples of successful, life-changing projects include building a new ramp to the front door and installing a larger shower with safety bars for an elderly homeowner with mobility challenges; and installation of hardwood flooring and a ramp so a retired veteran can safely wheel his disabled wife around the house.
- WE BUILD so that families in need can remain in their homes safely, live a fuller life, and have greater confidence in a secure environment.
In 2014, Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County will serve more families than ever before thanks to your support.
- We will continue to expand our Preserve-A-Home program, providing essential repairs and renovations to low-income residents. We will also break ground on our largest development in many years – 8 single family homes in Santa Paula. Work to prepare the build site and install necessary infrastructure will begin in January. This will be an exciting and active year for Habitat for Humanity in Ventura County!
- Thank you for your support of Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County – Wednesday Crew, Crew Leaders, office and ReStore volunteers, committee members, family partners, board of directors, work site volunteers, community partners, and donors. The Habitat for Humanity model works because of your commitment. WE BUILD because it makes a positive, lasting, life-changing difference for the families and communities we serve.
In 2014, please consider adding to your support so that we can serve more families in need.
- Volunteer a few more hours, offer your specific talents or skills, and continue to help us with funds to support the mission.
- If you are considering a donationtoday, please use the “Donate Now” button on our donation page, or mail a check to the Habitat office. All gifts – time, talents and funds – are highly valued and appreciated.
Steven J. Dwyer
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County
121 S. Rice Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93030-7235
Office: (805) 485-6065 ext. 201
Cell: (805) 906-1181