We’re ready to schedule our Volunteer Groups!
- During the last volunteer scheduling period, we brought in 5,389 volunteers from 101 groups – we finished two homes in Piru, started and finished two new homes in Oxnard, preserved 8 homes in Ventura County, and built-out and opened a second Habitat ReStore in Simi Valley.
- But we can’t stop there! We will need the same amount of volunteers that were engaged from this last scheduling period.
Contribute to the mission and vision of Habitat for Humanity.
- Volunteer groups are welcome to participate on Habitat for Humanity construction sites in Ventura County from April 13, 2013 -January 25, 2014.
Multiple construction site locations will be active during this time.
Build Days run from 8 am- 3pm and take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Now is the time to reserve a Build Day for your group if you would like to participate during this 10-month period: April 13, 2013- January 25, 2014.
Scheduling will occur on a first-come first served basis.
When all Build Days have a volunteer group assigned, group scheduling will end.
We anticipate Volunteer Group scheduling to be complete in about 6 to 8 weeks.
We would like to thank all of the volunteer groups who have been ‘on ‘hold’ and waiting for this newsletter notice.
- To learn more about Volunteer “Group” scheduling, click here.
- Individual volunteers — we want you to be involved in our mission and vision!
To participate on the construction site, please sign up for space available online and check out the calendar on our VolunteerHub.
Starting the last week of March, the calendar will be updated with all new construction dates and locations.
Make Habitat Happen!
We will need our volunteers to spread the word about our two Habitat ReStores. We will need more financial support because of cost increases in permits and fees and decreases in state-supported funding. We need your help! Help us make Habitat happen.