Habitat Ventura COVID-19 Response
Updated 1.5.21: Read below for the most up-to-date information on HFHVC's response to COVID-19.
The following guidelines are in place until further notice. We will continue to update you on policies and closures going forward. Visit the County of Ventura Website for more information.
As of November 17th, Ventura County is in the most restrictive tier assignment, the purple tier.
We want to assure you that HFHVC is actively working to minimize potential exposure and following guidelines from the CDC, state and local officials. We will continue to update the below information as we receive updates, thank you.
- Our construction sites are currently closed to the public and operating at a limited capacity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our volunteer opportunities page for more information.
- If you're interested in volunteering remotely, visit our remote opportunities page.
- We will be evaluating the prospect of volunteer opportunities on a weekly basis.
- We are following the recommended guidelines of the CDC and will be postponing or canceling all major events scheduled for the next few months.
- Click HERE for more information on virtual events.
- WOMEN BUILD: postponed until further notice.
- COCKTAILS IN HAVANA: postponed until August 2021
- Both our Simi Valley and Oxnard ReStores are open DAILY.
- Masks and Social distancing (6ft) are required when shopping and dropping off donations at all times!
- HOURS: Oxnard (Daily 9 am-5 pm), Simi Valley (Daily 10 am-6 pm).
- Staff and customer safety is our top priority.
- We are following CDC guidelines and Ventura County Social Distancing Protocol.
- Pick-ups: We are ONLY picking up items placed outside. We will not pick up any items inside buildings or homes.
- Drop-offs: We are accepting drop-offs at both ReStores Daily. The drop-off area will close 1/2 hour before store closing
- For more information, call 805-981-2268 (Oxnard) or 805-520-7717 (Simi Valley); or email email@example.com
- At this time, our admin office is closed to the general public.
- Our staff is available during working hours and are working from home as part of the shelter in place order. If you need to get in contact with a staff member please see our staff page and contact via phone or email.
- Our office phone number is 805-485-6065.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted us as an organization – it is and will continue to impact our work. We are managing this as best we can. We are all affected by this crisis, but if you can, please consider helping HFHVC by supporting us with a donation of any amount. Now more than ever, the community must band together to keep each other safe and healthy and ensure brighter futures for families in need.
A message from our CEO, Darcy Taylor:
Our Ventura County community is facing unprecedented times in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. All of us at HFHVC send positive thoughts, prayers and our hearts to all those affected by COVID-19 - especially those working tirelessly to prevent the spread of the virus.
Know that HFHVC is doing everything we can to prioritize the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, supporters and the people we serve. We are continually monitoring guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local officials and will be providing frequent updates. For the time being, following recommendations from health experts, we have paused all volunteer and group activities, as well as events. Please know that you can still reach our team members by visiting our staff contact page – we’re still working tirelessly to support our mission.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted us as an organization – it is and will continue to impact our work. We are managing this as best we can. We are all affected by this crisis, but if you can, please consider helping HFHVC by supporting us with a donation of any amount. Now more than ever, the community must band together to keep each other safe and healthy, and ensure brighter futures for families in need.
Thank you for your continuous support! We look forward to seeing you on our job sites, at our events and out in the community soon.
Stay safe out there and be well,
Chief Executive Officer
We will post updates regarding HFHVC activities here and on our social media. Remember that this is an opportunity to pull together as a community, we're all in this together! Reach out to your neighbors and look out for each other. Remember to smile, laugh and be kind. Use social media to connect and share resources like official information, canned food or extra toilet paper.
Please follow our HFHVC and ReStore social media pages for more updates and information: