I still feel this is all a dream come true and I will wake up and discover it couldn't have happened to me. I will be forever grateful. Thank you to all who were involved in this unbelievable effort. - Karen, Habitat Home Repair Recipient
What is Habitat Home Repair?
Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair Program promotes dignity and independence for low-income homeowners by addressing critical health and safety needs within their homes. Since 2011 this program has helped 160 individuals and families, including many seniors, veterans and people with disabilities stay safe and secure in their own home.
What are the qualifications?
1. Low-income: Applicant/homeowner income must be below 80% of Ventura County’s median income as recommended by HUD.
2. Owner-occupied: Applicant must be living in the home that requires home repair services. Homeowners insurance is required.
3. Need: Applicant/homeowner must demonstrate a specific need.
4. Participation: homeowner(s) are required to participate in 8 hours of sweat equity during the repair of their home.
5. Supporting Documents: Submit Items in Qualifying Criteria
6. Upon Completion of Repair Services: Homeowner must live in repaired home for a minimum 3 years after completion.
What type of home repairs does Habitat do?
- accessibility improvements such as ADA compliant ramps, walk-in showers and grab-bars
- safety improvements such as smoke detectors
- critical electrical and plumbing repairs
How can I get involved as a volunteer?
To volunteer, please visit our volunteer page and sign up.
How can I apply?
Download this application and follow the instructions. Please submit copies of the required documents with your application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed application or mail to Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County, 1850 Eastman Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93030. For more information, or to sponsor a project, please contact Jacqueline Jimenez at (805) 485-6065, x110 or email@example.com.
Please note: Habitat does not provide immediate service for repairs.