Program Coordinator – Oxnard Office
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours: 40 hours/week
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County (HFHVC) is a leader in supporting the need for affordable housing having built 64 affordable homes and repaired or renovated over 300 houses over the past 30 years. HFHVC has the opportunity to support more families in Ventura County, CA through increased building of new affordable homes, expanding our critical home repair program and providing neighborhood revitalization programs.
The Program Coordinator will support the Director of Operations in all aspects of providing services to families requesting home repairs and applying to purchase new homes. This includes responsibility for communicating with prospective program recipients, maintaining records and overseeing a comprehensive family services program.
• Promote HFHVC’s Home Repair program in the community. Join coalitions and networks that support HFHVC’s mission to provide critical home repairs to elderly, veteran and disabled homeowners.
• Coordinate the HFHVC New Home Purchase community orientation and application process. Lead a volunteer committee for support and fulfillment of this process.
• Manage correspondence with all prospective program recipients including initial inquiries, contracts for support and closure documents.
• Screen applicants and ensure all recipient files are fully compliant with required documentation and support.
• Work closely with the HFHVC home repair construction team on project planning, document preparation and coordination with the program recipients.
• Be knowledgeable of all Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) requirements and opportunities for family services. Participate in HFHI networking opportunities.
• Lead the preparation of monthly reimbursement documents for several partner cities and the County of Ventura who fund a portion of HFHVC’s construction activities for low-income homeowners.
• Provide ongoing support for partner family requirements including mortgage payments, sweat equity hours, homebuyer education and related activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required – Bilingual in Spanish and English
• Bachelor’s degree
• Passion for working with individuals of diverse populations and families in need.
• Ability to prioritize duties and deliver successful results.
• Must be able to work flexible days and hours.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and provide direction to staff and volunteers to support required tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High level of customer service skills. Must be able to communicate in a professional, compelling, and knowledgeable manner.
• Ability to work constructively and productively with staff, the Board of Directors, and committees.
• Positive attitude & enjoys working in a team oriented environment. Team player.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Quickbooks a plus. Must be comfortable learning new systems/software.
Compensation: $15/hour. Position includes benefits.
Learn more about Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County at www.habitatventura.org. This position is based in Oxnard, CA.
To apply, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Coordinator – your last name” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
1. Cover letter with salary requirements.
2. Current resume.
3. Reference list – 3 references
Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2017 or until position is filled. Ideal start date for this position is June 1 or earlier. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County is an equal opportunity employer.
ReStore Associate – Simi Valley ReStore
Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County/Simi Valley ReStore is a non-profit organization that partners with families and the community to build homes for low-income families. The Habitat for Humanity Simi Valley ReStore is a discount home improvement store that brings in donations of new and used home remodeling materials from the public and resells them to raise money for local builds.
The ReStore in Simi Valley is hiring a part-time (16-32 hours per week) Store Associate.
The store hours at this time are 10 AM to 6 PM seven days a week, the scheduled shifts would most likely be 10 AM to 6:30 PM most weekends and a few weekdays.
Regular ReStore Tasks Include:
Pick up and deliver donations using Habitat for Humanity vehicles (primarily a 14′ or 16′ box truck).
Bring donations from receiving area to store floor, including regularly moving large and heavy objects (i.e. large furniture, cast iron tubs, stoves, fridges, etc.)
Keep store clean and organized, maintaining high safety standards by eliminating hazards and liabilities (e.g. clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.).
Greeting, building relationship with, and helping customers (including answering specific questions about building materials and any questions regarding construction or home repair in general)
Answer the store phone and help customers with any questions they have.
Check out customers using cash register.
Schedule driver pick ups for customer donations, while screening for quality of items.
Orient, train, and guide volunteers.
Unload and load materials from cars and trucks.
Ready donations for store front by cleaning, fixing, testing, etc.
Research (usually through the internet) and price donated items.
Use the proper tools (including pallet jack, hand truck, furniture dolly, or fork lift) to safely complete projects and tasks.
Develop and maintain safe and attractive displays for merchandise.
Work with a team of people to continually improve and grow the store.
High School Diploma/GED; equivalent work experience will be considered
Valid California Drivers License.
Ability to safely lift 70+ lbs, stand, squat, bend, and climb in/out of a truck on a regular basis
Ability to be on your feet for close to 8 hours per day
Ability to keep up with the physical demands of the job
Knowledge of the construction and home repair field
Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
Basic computer skills
What we’re looking for:
Proven record of excellent customer service
Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity’s mission and processes
Spanish/English bilingual is a plus
Fork Lift Certification is a plus
Interest in non-profit work (a track record of community work is a plus)
Retail experience (retail warehouse or hardware store preferred)
Strong people skills
Organized and meticulous
Takes direction well
Consistent Follow Through
We are looking for a specific fit for the job. We will be putting applicants through a rigorous selection process. Please only apply if you feel you will be a stand-out applicant.
You must pass a background check process that includes criminal, credit, and driving record.
There is a possibility that a drug test may be required for some positions.
To Apply for the position:
Email a cover letter to email@example.com including three personal references, three professional references, your hours of availability, and attach your resume in PDF format in response.
Resume should include all relevant work experience (including the last 10 years of employment); relevant volunteer experience; a summary of qualifications; relevant merits, training, certifications, licenses, and achievements; previous education; and any other information you think is important for us to know.