I still feel this is all a dream come true and I will wake up and discover it couldn't have happened to me. I will be forever grateful. Thank you to all who were involved in this unbelievable effort.
- Karen, PAH Recipient
Habitat offers home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services.
How does Home Preservation work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- Depending on the situation, an affordable loan can be made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
Why does Habitat offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
Note: Habitat does not provide immediate service for repairs.
What is Preserve a Home?
This program provides low-income homeowners much needed repair services at an affordable cost. Since Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County launched this program in May 2011, more than 90 home preservations have been completed in Ventura County (Fillmore, Camarillo, Oxnard, Piru, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura). Following the well-established Habitat for Humanity model, homeowners and family members contribute Sweat Equity hours and work in partnership with Habitat staff and volunteers.
How can I get involved as a volunteer?
To volunteer, please visit our volunteer page and sign up on our calendar.
1. Low- to very-low income: Applicant/homeowner income must be between 20% and 70% of Ventura County’s median income as recommended by HUD.
2. Owner-occupied: Applicant must be living in the home that requires home preservation services.
3. Need: Applicant/homeowner must demonstrate a specific need.
How can I apply?
For more information, or to sponsor a project, please contact Felipe Flores at (805) 485-6065, x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.