We are busy preparing for our 2nd Annual Hearts & Hammers Dinner and Auction on October 4, 2014 at the Santa Paula Agriculture Museum.
This is one of our major fundraisers, and we invite you to be a part of this exciting community event!
We are seeking two lead volunteers to join our event committee and help with the auction; one to lead the solicitation of auction items and one to manage auction logistics.
Following are the major responsibilities for each position:
Lead Volunteer – Solicitation
- Establish auction goals: income, and number/value of items
- Distribute solicitation letters
- Issue donation receipts
- Keep a current listing of all items received
- Write up auction description for bid sheets
- Send thank you notes
- Reporting and evaluation – Solicitation
Lead Volunteer – Logistics
- Establish auction categories and themes
- Set deadline to receive items
- Establish timeline to group items into themed baskets
- Coordinate basket-making activities
- Organization of auction flow and supplies
- Set up of auction area including signage
- Check out for payment and collection/distribution of items
- Reporting and evaluation – Logistics
To sign up today, or for more information, please contact
Susan Spence at 805-485-6065, x200 or email@example.com.